Tuesday, July 6

Ill tell you what to do on a Tuesday: Part 4

Shows:
Waxeater/Stds vollrath - Liked it
I got to say that I love the bands on my label. The other bands on the show I did not really care about at all. They played and I listened but I was not really blown away or anything. Waxeater played second and brought it, the stds played last and they knew how bad their set was, Haha. Its cool not every show is awesome. No one came out which is a bummer but again it is the Volrath.

Zine:
Negative Trend #7 - Dude fest preview - Its alright.
Kelso dropped this off at our house while Js and I were gone for a bit. Before I say anything about this in my review I want to have a disclaimer. This is one of the only zines in indy right now. Sometimes people will put out an issue or two of a zine but then nothing more. So Im stoked that this is around because no one is really doing much in this territory in indy. It is the best active Zine that we have...
Anyways to review it, For the seventh issue of a zine I would hope that the makers would at least be able to have a decent layout. The margins are messed up and different throughout the zine which is kind of annoying to look at. I admit that it isn't a super big deal but its just not fun to look at. There are two articles written from some rad dudes in indy but the font is too small and I kind of skipped them because of it. If it was black on white i would have read it more but its white on black which is kind of hard to read when it is small. At least i don't want to be that focused when i am reading something, i just want to read it. The zine comes with a map for the two shows, its not stapled in which is rad. Also there is a band list with pictures for the show. Its kind of awkwardly laid out with black white boxes for what I can guess to be notes. Some information is with the bands but is mostly band member lists. I guess it would be rad it if told me what the bands sounded like or something. There are links to the bands so you can check them out. So yeah thats pretty much it. Its kind of awkward and light in reading, looks like it was rushed through. Im stoked to see where it goes though. I wish that the author would spend more countless hours working on making this a regular zine

No comments:

Post a Comment